Latest Nets / Shopping Guide
Launched in November 2008, Groupon features a daily deal on the best stuff to do, see, eat, and buy in a variety of cities across the United States, Canada, and soon beyond (read: Space). We have more than 300 people working in our Chicago headquarters, a growing office in Palo Alto, CA, as well as local account executives in many cities.
Discounts between 40% to 90%
Most of our offers are discounted 50% or more. We're not going to waste your time with offers that are less than 40% off. We also won't bombard you with offers unless they are related to your interests, location, or how you spend your money. We'd rather send you a few really good offers each month that you'd actually be interested in, instead of sending you tons of random offers. If we don't have any offers that we think are a good fit for you, we won't send you any. Your time is just as valuable as your money.
How do we get these discounts? By negotiating directly with the merchant or business, who are happy to provide a great deal since they know they are reaching people highly likely to be interested in what they are offering.
It's not likely you'll see our offers marketed elsewhere through other channels. Because we enable advertisers to reach people like you whose interests, location, and purchasing history match up with the product or service being offered, we use that to negotiate exclusive deals with the advertiser. We screen each and every offer to make sure it meets our standards before it is approved.
We get better with time
Over time, we'll get a better understanding of your interests and how you shop. Of course, this requires no effort on your part. Once you've gone through the 2 minute signup and linked your spending (credit or debit) card to your account, Offermatic works in the background and will automatically get smarter with matching offers to your profile. So be a little patient with us in the beginning - as we learn more about your spending patterns and bring on more advertisers, we'll be able to improve the relevance of the offers.
Yipit aggregates and recommends local daily deals
Your city's top restaurants, bars, spas and shops are offering ridiculous deals on services like Groupon, LivingSocial, Scoop St, BuyWithMe, HomeRun (and about 60 others). We organize all these deals, then recommend the best ones based on your preferences.
We're available in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston and New York. You can sign up for your city here.
ThisNext is about product discovery-
introducing you to a product that you come to love
is our highest achievement.
We are a community of shoppers sharing our best finds from across the web. We are passionate about new, unique, and interesting products that enable and enrich our lives. Whether you are a die-hard design fan or lover of green yoga gear (or both!), ThisNext is a place where you can find others who share your taste and through them discover new things that you will love. By harnessing the collective wisdom of our community, ThisNext is invaluable for tastemakers and thought leaders who turn to ThisNext to find the products and trends that are shaping their world.
Founded in 2006 by a team of seasoned Internet entrepreneurs, ThisNext changed the way people discover and shop for products online. Today, Santa Monica-based ThisNext serves millions on consumers every month as the Web's best place to discover the brands, products, trends and people that shape the future of what's next.
Our purpose: To connect people with great local businesses
10 Things You Should Know About Yelp
1. Yelp was founded in 2004 to help people find great local businesses like dentists, hair stylists and mechanics
2. As of December 2009, more than 26 million people visited Yelp in the past 30 days
3. Yelpers have written over 9 million local reviews, over 85% of them rating a business 3 stars or higher
4. In addition to reviews, you can use Yelp to find events, special offers, lists and to talk with other Yelpers
5. Every business owner (or manager) can setup a free account to post offers, photos and message her customers
6. Yelp makes money by selling ads to local businesses - you'll see these yellow, clearly labeled "Sponsored Results" around the site
7. Paying advertisers can also promote a favorite review at the top of their Yelp page, but can never change or re-order their other reviews
8. Yelp has an automated filter that suppresses a small portion of reviews - it targets those suspicious ones you see on other sites
9. You can Yelp on your phone at http://m.yelp.com, or use Yelp for iPhone, Yelp for BlackBerry, Yelp for Palm Pre, and Yelp for Android
10. The Weekly Yelp is available in 30 city editions to bring you the latest business openings & other happenings